Open Water Swimming
Swimming is FREE at the Expo but you must pay for a £15 NOWCA membership to enable you to book onto the swimming.
To do this, you will need to download the ACTiO app or visit https://actio.nowca.org/root/home in order to create a safety profile. Once this is complete you will be able to book on to a swim. It is FREE to book, but there are limited spaces so it’s important you book sooner rather than later!
You will also need to have completed the FREE online Cold Water Induction in advance of your swim with us – check your swim booking confirmation email for details. If you already swim at a NOWCA venue and have completed the online induction to swim with us you do not need to repeat it.
Click here for instructions on how to sign up and book a swim.
As part of your £15 annual NOWCA membership you will get;
- Access to over 40 open water swimming venues that use our integrated systems to safely manage swimmers in and out of the water.
- NOWCA WILD which includes insurance protection for every Wild swim that you log, automated notification to emergency contact if you don’t return from your swim within a selected time, ability to identify risks at a swim spot before your swim as well as getting expert safety advice and guidance.
- NOWCA PROTECT allowing you to be insured for personal incident and accident insurance for your journey to and from a NOWCA venue and the whole duration of your swim
- Free ACTiO app to manage your membership, account, medical info, emergency contacts, event & activity bookings, and swim stats – all in the palm of your hand.
- NOWCA Education, Access to cold water induction, open water lifeguard and coaching qualifications.
- NOWCA Perks where you will receive up to 70% off top brands.
Find out more about NOWCA membership: https://nowca.org/become-a-member-dev/